Here is a list of posts that are particularly interesting or funny for those of you who haven’t been following along for a while.
- One Weird Trick To Improve Your Food Photography A semi-viral tirade against over-styled pictures.
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Food A popular diatribe against things I hate in food and food blogging particularly.
- Emu-Egg Cassoulet With Crème Fraiche So much fail, so little time.
- Urban Homesteading A tirade against two coincident floats in the fail parade.
- The Spanish Recipe David Mamet on the Food Network!
- “The Pig Dies At Noon” My New York Magazine-approved account of killing and butchering a pig at a party.
- The Moral Equivalent of Playboy A tirade against the poor taste of Robert Parker.
- Alinea 6/20/09 My account of the 23-course tasting menu chez Achatz.
- Whoreganically Blown The stupid, it burns.
- Rosé FAQ An extremely helpful primer on choosing rosés for your summer drinking pleasure.
- Wok Hai A perfectly innocent tirade causes a mini-shitstorm. My Meme Meme Mine, my follow-up, doubles down on the ranting.
- Livin’ La Vita Povera Something about pasta and progress.
- That Stripper-I mean Hahkey Mahm–Really Liked Me! Sarah Palin steals my heart.
- Mama’s Little Joyboy Got Piggy, Piggy A guest post at Thursday Night Smackdown wherein I take on a recipe by Thomas Keller; the “Grey Poupon” post right before it is also mine, and also pretty good.