Fifteen Minutes

I have now milked this same head of cabbage for TWO pictures.

I was going to write about some lentils, but then this popped up on my radar:

New York Magazine's Approval Matrix, week of November 1

The post in question can be found here.

How it happened is anybody’s guess, but there it is. It’s funny; I noticed a bump in traffic, but it wasn’t coming from anywhere, and yet the Google searches got oddly specific. If the internet version of this handy chart actually included links, I suspect there would have been many more hits. In any case, at least I finally have my epitaph: “Just barely highbrow and almost despicable.” (Courtesy of Tate).

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go barge into John Mayer’s bedroom, yelling “I’ma let you finish, but Beyoncé is much better in bed.”

1. Rachel M
    10/28/2010

I saw that! And thought of you. But didn’t make the connection that it was you. I like it.

2. 10/28/2010

Congrats on being both highbrow and brilliant! Better than lentils I’d say.

3. 10/28/2010

Oooemmmgeee! (Sorry, I’m both lowbrow and despicable!) That’s awesome! I think you’re both highbrow and brilliant, too!

4. Peter
    10/29/2010

RayRay: I didn’t even know about it until a friend in NYC emailed me. But why are you reading it? Shouldn’t you be reading Somahville Magazine instead?

Rachel: Barely both, evidently. And the lentils were pretty good. It’s a tie.

Julia: Well, they don’t have “unibrow” on their chart.

5. 10/29/2010

Oh, and just look at the effect it’s had on your commenting!

6. Peter
    10/29/2010

I know. Even the pig killing post has gotten exactly zero new comments. Go figure.