Psychoaquadiscobetabio-aquadoloop

A bit late, I know, but I was on vacation–blissfully removed from all things prefixed by e- and i-. Until I get my photographs sorted, here’s the link to my latest Chronogram piece: a profile of a local aquaculture operation.

Photograph by Jennifer May

1. Zoomie
    9/6/2010

I can't agree that this is a good idea – so much better to work to clean up the oceans, determine a sustainable catch, and let nature do the rest. If we settle for this, the energy goes out of trying to fix the mess in the wild. You did a good job of being balanced about your story but I still worry about the fish food (here we go again with a new risk of mad-cow type problems), the huge energy cost in cold NYS, and the loss of momentum for helping the oceans.

2. Zoomie
    9/7/2010

Plus, it looks like a crappy life for a fish.

3. cook eat FRET
    9/7/2010

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

take that

4. Heather
    9/8/2010

Somethin about motionpicturesunderwaterstarringmostofyouloops?

I worked with a group of steelhead fishery folks when I was in high school. Some fish take to it better than others, and some are better for the environment than others. I ain't mad at a little farm-raised tilapia.

5. Michael @ Herbivoracious.com
    9/22/2010

a motion picture under water starring Mr. Fruit Loops. They call me Mr. Wiggles the worm, and these are my ladies Giggle and Squirm.

6. Peter
    9/28/2010

Zoomie: I don’t love it either. And the fish tasted like that dirty brown water.

Claudia: Isn’t it past your bedtime?

Blanche: Freshwater species are easier, and can be fed on spirulina grown on site. It’s much better if done right.

Jonathan: Thank you.

Michael: Did you see The Onion’s “President Clinton to drop da bomb on Iraq?” (George Clinton, of course.)